Rules & Guidelines
Daily Operation Summary
- Remove the lid and tip your food waste in (cut up large chunks and avoid excessive fluids.
- Add the same amount of wood chip by volume. If your waste is quite wet then add a bit more woodchip.
Rules – to ensure that we respect residents and the allotment holders
- Do not drive down to the gate to deliver your waste. If you are driving to use the composter, please temporarily park in Picket Close and walk your waste down Green Lane to the composter.
- Please do not leave any waste food lying around; put everything into the composter. We do not want to attract vermin.
- Do not remove any maturing compost from the maturation bins. The completed compost will be shared out among the members who wish to use it. The Ridan Ranger volunteers will communicate when the compost is ready.
- Do not use excessive force when turning the handle. If it does not turn without force then it may be blocked by an object or full. Please let us know as soon as possible by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please supervise children at all times around the Ridan Composter and do not let them wonder into the allotment area.
Fordingbridge Greener Living accepts no liability for injury, loss or damage arising from using this Ridan Composter.